With labor day weekend right around the corner and the whole wearing white after Labor Day rule out the door I thought it would be appropriate to post about the power of a white shirt. I am still on the hunt for the perfect button down white shirt. You always read in magazines about the power of a white shirt and it really is an easy staple to mix and match with different outfit variations. But the truth is that buying the right shirt is actually quite a challenge. So today I thought I would share a few styling tricks to give your white shirt a more versatile feel once you purchase one.
- Wear it with a coat of bright lipstick like a bright orange, red or pink.
- Wear it with denim you are instantly dressing it down rather than up or pair it with colored jeans
- Pair it with a stylish shoe: it can be a high heeled sandal, colorful flat or a stylish pump
- Roll up your sleeves showing off your arm glam: bracelets and a watch.
- Layer it: add a blazer, cardigan or jacket over the top
- Wear it with statement bag or purse