We’ve all been stuck in a rut before. Whether it’s because we’re lacking motivation, stressed out, tired or just simply bored of the same old routine day in and day out, getting stuck is an inevitable part of life. Sometimes we just fall off the bandwagon and begin to feel a little discontent with the way things are going. So here are a few ideas to help you get out of that rut and feel like yourself again!
1. Drink lemon water first thing; start your morning off by hydrating
2. Get some fresh air- get outside and get some vitamin D.
3. Declutter your digital life- Give yourself fewer options for distraction by deleting apps you don’t use, emails you don’t need, and bookmarks you aren’t going to read.
4. Up your fruit and veggie intake- Maybe you’ve been feeling a little lethargic from your food choices lately. If so, try adding in more of the good stuff.
5. Try positive affirmations. Give yourself some words of encouragement, even if it feels silly.
6. Freshen up your desk space- Getting organized helps you regain your focus.
7. Focus on one thing at a time. Make a to do list and prioritize. If you’ve been feeling overwhelmed by your to-do list, get serious about your priorities and figure out what you can set aside for now.
8. Go somewhere new- Even if you can’t get very far, explore a town or area near you that you’ve never been to.
9. Go for a run- It’s no secret that exercising releases endorphins that make us feel good. And along with that, it gives us a space to sort out what may be bothering us.
10. Give yourself a mani/pedi- I don’t know about you, but I find it difficult to recall a time when I felt miserable while painting my nails. I think it’s just really hard to feel unhappy when you are beautifying yourself.
You may have missed:
Ideas on how to live more simply