When we have a cloudy day here in Indy, my go-to uniform is a plaid flannel and skinny jeans. There’s something about wearing plaid in the autumn months that feels so cozy. So today, I’m rounding up 10 different ways to style your plaid button downs.
1. Layer your flannel shirt under a cozy sweater to stay even more warm.
2. Tie your flannel around your waist for a ’90s grunge vibe.
3. Not every day calls for a heavy coat and scarf. For those warmer fall afternoons, vests are the perfect layering piece.
4. Wear your flannel open, similar to a cardigan.
5. Make leather leggings more casual by pairing with a flannel.
6. Mix a flannel with stripes.
7. Dress it up with a giant statement necklace.
8. Keep it simple, over a white tee.