Breakfast: Frozen bacon, egg & cheese burritos
16 oz of bacon (cooked)- $3.00
Dozen large eggs- $1.29
10 Tortilla Shells- $2.39
1 package Shredded Cheese- $2.39
Made 10 meals- $.90 per breakfast
Tips for Great Frozen Burritos
If you haven’t tried making your own, well, now’s the time. Here are some helpful tips for making great frozen burritos:
- Use fresh, room temperature burrito-size tortillas. Cold tortillas tend to crack when rolled.
- Choose any fillings you love as long as they aren’t too wet.
- Assemble burritos with room temperature ingredients.
- Roll a tight, neat package. The beauty of a well-made burrito is that all the filling stays inside.
- Wrap them well. I usually make dozens of burritos at a time. As soon as they are rolled, I stack them in zip-top freezer bags.
Great Fillings for Frozen Burritos
Chances are as long as the filling item is one you would normally see in a frozen dish, it should be fine. Favorite fillings of ours include:
- Shredded cheese
- hot sauce
- Cooked sausage, ham or bacon