Cheers to the weekend, thanks for stopping in! Today’s topic is how to “live simply”. This is something I struggle with constantly because I over commit and have a hard time saying no. Obviously “to live simply” has different meanings for everyone but to me it means eliminating all but the essentials, getting rid of the clutter, spending your time doing what’s important to you & spending your time with people you love.
So here are some tips and tricks to simplifying your life:
- Evaluate your commitments. Look at everything you’ve got going on in your life and pick the top five that are most important to you.
- Simplify work tasks. For me my work day is made up of an endless list of tasks. It’s important to focus on the essentials to get the most important done first.
- Simplify home tasks. So focus on the most important, and try to find ways to eliminate the other tasks.
- Learn to say no. This is where I struggle the most, if you can’t say no, you will take on too much.
- Purge your stuff. If you can devote a weekend to purging the stuff you don’t want, it feels terrific. I just recently filled 2 trash bags full of clothes I no longer wear and took them to Goodwill.
- Simplify your wardrobe. Simplify your wardrobe by getting rid of anything you don’t actually wear and keeping just staple items that won’t go out of style.
- Limit your buying habits- the less you shop the less you accumulate.
- Do what you love. Once you’ve freed up some time, be sure to spend that extra time doing things you love.
- Spend time with people you love.
- Spend time alone.
- Be present. Live in the moment and be aware of life around you.
- Establish routines.
- Learn to live frugally. Living frugally means buying less & wanting less.
- Learn what “enough” is. Our materialistic society today is about getting more and more, with no end in sight.
- Eat healthy.
- Exercise. exercise helps burn off stress and makes you feel better. It’s great.
More Posts on Living Simply: