Last weekend, Jake and I embarked on yet another one of our spontaneous travel escapades. We decided that we both needed a weekend away from Indy, so off to Cincinnati we went.
A mere hour and a half was the perfect weekend trip. Here’s what we did and how we did it in just TWO days!
1) The Millenium Hotel in Fountain Square- It’s no Hilton, but who cares when you’re going to be exploring all weekend? And it’s in a great location right next to the beautiful Fountain Square!
2) Jungle Jims International Market- It’s a grocery store with MUCH more than just groceries. It’s huge, with food from all over the world. They offer cooking classes, demos, etc.
3) IKEA- of course we had to check it out while we were in town
4) Via Vite Italian Bistro on Fountain Square- stopped in for delicious pizza, drinks and their amazing outside patio facing the courtyard.
5) Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse – Eat at Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse the food was absolutely delicious! We shared the most amazing steak “The Hatchet”, had a wedge salad with bleu cheese, thick cut bacon slices and some amazing mashed potatoes. 6) Cubs Vs Reds baseball game
7) Moerlein Lager House– Bloody Mary Bar before the game
Overall, our trip to Cincinnati was a blast! We returned to Indy feeling refreshed and ready to take on another week of work!