This next few weeks I’ll be knee deep in packing tape and boxes. Yes, we’re moving in less than 3 weeks! I’m one excited girl to be moving into our first place together! A condo right on the Monon Trail. I am looking forward to having my own closet and a garage! A couple sneak peaks:
I have compiled a list of items that may be overlooked as things you need to have for the big move!
1. Cleaning supplies: I discovered that ‘move in ready’ still means ‘that toilet is totally gross.’ Be prepared with an all-purpose cleaner and plenty of disinfectant wipes and paper towels.
2. Candle: There’s nothing like the smell of a candle to immediately make a new place smell like home.
3. Pocket knife: Because who knew you needed so many boxes??
4. Sharpies: For making the zillion and one lists of what to pack and what you still need.
5. Tape: Color coded packing tape = genius.
6. Wine: At the end of the day, you’re going to need this.
7. Clear plastic crate: This time around we bought several crates for the move and they’re brilliant!
8. Trash bags: Ginormous super strong trash bags are the easiest way I’ve found to move clothes. Bag ‘em up!
9. Strong friends and family!