I love the idea of having friends over for cocktails and entertaining, that’s why in the summer i purchased a bar cart from IKEA. The great thing about having a bar cart is that there are so many ways to utilize them and decorate them to fit your personal style or a particular occasion. As a coffee lover, I already had a Kuerig, white coffee cups and various party straws to start with so I made the top of my cart dedicated to coffee.
The second shelf has an ice bucket, shot glasses, mixers, tongs, and cocktail glasses. Check out some of my other favorite picks for bar cart necessities and decor below.
1. A stack of cocktail recipe books is always a good addition. They look cute but also provide great inspiration for the bartender. Here are a few examples: The Art of the Bar & The PDT Cocktail book
2. A great shaker is crucial and you’ll use it more than any other one item on your cart.
3. Pretty decanter for special drinks
4. Liquors chosen solely for bottle design : Pinky Vodka & Crystal Head Vodka
5. Fun bottle openers that my mom has been picking up at estate sales
6. Bar tool kits naturally look cool but also serve a variety of purposes
7. A great ice bucket is fun Copper Ice Bucket With Tongs
8. Party Straws
9. Cocktail glasses : Vintage Cocktail Glasses via Etsy
10. Pretty bottle stoppers