Here is a simple yet stylish photo frame that can accommodate tons of photos at once. The idea is super simple. Fasten twines on an empty frame and hang photos using clothes pins or the clips below. You can use a frame you bought or a frame you made by yourself. Yes, this is as simple as it sounds.
Blanket Scarf Tutorial:
- Start out with the scarf completely unfolded (picture one).
- Taking two opposite sides, fold it in half to create a triangle (picture two).
- Roll towards the point 2-3 times (picture three)
- Wrap the scarf around your neck with the point facing down. Pull the ends to tighten the scarf around your neck (picture four). Tuck in the ends of the scarf so that they aren’t visible. You may have to mess with it and arrange the scarf until your desired look is achieved!
I will say that this method works best with a SQUARE blanket scarf as opposed to a rectangular one, because I start out by folding the square from corner to corner so that it creates a triangle.
Are you ready for some football? And some delicious food? I’m not much of a
football fan, but I definitely look forward to the Super Bowl snacks the halftime show & the hilarious commercials. For those of you going to a party or just looking to eat some good food, here are some of my favorite snacks that would be perfect for Super Bowl Sunday.
20 items is easy, try donating 20 items!
Sitting. For most of us, it’s an unavoidable aspect of life.
We sit in our cars, at work, at school; even if we live as active a lifestyle as possible, sitting for any extended period of time at our desks can still be negative on our overall health and well being.
If at the end of the day you’re left with a knot between your shoulder blades and a stitch between your eyebrows then you should give yoga a shot. My friend Ashley and I started going to yoga once a week and I love how I feel afterward. I’m sharing some benefits of yoga below:
Yoga and the Body:
- increases flexibility
- strengthens the muscles and tendons, especially stabilizer muscles
- increases bone density of the entire skeletal system
- develops balance and coordination
- straightens posture and body alignment
- improves function of internal organs
- enhances cardiovascular ability, both lowering resting heart rate and making oxygen use more efficient
- burns energy (150-400 calories per hour)
- decreases chance of injury
- fixes muscular imbalances
- stimulates the immune system
- decreases cortisol levels, resulting in lower blood sugar levels and heightened insulin response, resulting in less inflammation and less chance of diabetes and heart disease
- Decreases the chance of arthritis and joint issues by moving full motion
- Puts you in a better mood
- connects your mind with your body
- decreases pain and fatigue
So go on give it a shot this week! Check out more workouts you may have missed:
I LOVE this recipe. Not only is it extremely easy but it is SOOOOO good! One of my favorite meals to eat, especially on a cold night. Or even on a warm one. Doesn’t matter, this stuff is good. You can eat it by itself or with tortilla chips and avocado. YUM!
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn, undrained
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 8-oz package light cream cheese
- 2 chicken breasts
- Drain and rinse the black beans. Place your chicken at the bottom of the crock pot, then pour out the whole can of corn (undrained), Rotel tomatoes, and black beans on top of chicken.
- Top with seasonings and ranch dressing mix. Stir together.
- Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
More chicken recipes you may have missed:
Happy Friday! How has your week been? Mine was quite busy, so I’m especially excited that Friday has arrived. I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend in Indy. Here are my five favorite things this week…
1. Spicy Quinoa Pizza Bites…Yes please!
2. Must have duvet from Anthropology
4. Pay it Forward– it could change someone’s life
6. Where to travel in 2015- 52 places
9. Cats can sleep anywhere– pictures to prove it