For the cheap recipe lover, potatoes are the jackpot. They’re super nutritious, affordable and can be prepared in countless ways. If you’re a potato lover like me, you need to try this recipe tonight. My friend, Megan told me about one of her go to side dishes, crispy garlic smashed potatoes! If you haven’t heard of smashed potatoes then you’re in for a real treat. These potatoes are incredibly tender on the inside yet amazingly crisp on the outside – the perfect side dish to any meal!
- 24 ounces red baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Garlic power
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender, about 15-20 minutes; drain well.
- Place potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a potato masher or fork, carefully smash the potatoes until flattened but still in one piece. Top with olive oil, garlic and thyme.
- Place into oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately.