If you are looking for something a little outside the box for a birthday celebration, consider these ice cream cones filled with funfetti cupcakes. They seem to be a crowd pleaser and it doesn’t hurt that they are very rich and tasty. This is one quick and easy to make recipe!
- 1 cake mix (any flavor), plus ingredients to make the batter
- 18-24 flat-bottomed (cake style) ice cream cones
- spray whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions. Set aside.
- Fill each ice cream cone with about 2 Tbsp. of batter. The batter should come to the lower inner rim of the ice cream cones. Do not fill all the way to the top, or the ice cream cones will topple.
- Bake ice cream cone cupcakes 20-30 minutes. Check at 20 minutes.
- Let ice cream cone cupcakes cool completely. While they’re cooling, you can prick the bottom of the ice cream cones with a fork to let some of the steam escape. This will keep the ice cream cones from getting soggy.