A much more delicious and healthier way to satisfy your jalapeno popper craving. You get more bang for your buck with a jalapeno popper by stuffing it into a chicken breast. If you love jalapeno poppers, this recipe is a must try. Enjoy!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 4 fillets
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 3 oz reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a shallow baking dish with non-fat cooking spray.
- Using a mallet, pound out each chicken fillet to get a larger, thinner fillet, and then season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar and jalapeños.
- Spoon the cheese mixture onto on half of each chicken breast fillet. Fold in half to close, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place into baking dish and cover with foil. Make a few holes to allow steam to release.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked all the way through and is no longer pink in the middle.