Everyone seems to be getting into brussel sprouts recently.
I love them boiled or baked or sautéed, but my absolute favorite way to prepare these is to roast them with a little olive oil, butter, salt & pepper, & parmesan cheese. It’s fast, simple and only takes 15 minutes to prepare.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a medium skillet (over medium-high heat) until butter is foamy.
- Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove garlic and discard.
- Add sprouts cut side down, cover, and cook without stirring on medium-low heat 10-15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- The cut side of the sprouts should get nice and browned, with a nutty, buttery flavor enhanced by garlic.
Most nights that Jake leaves dinner plans up to me I try to make some variation of a chipotle burrito bowl. I normally put these ingredients over a bed of lettuce, put it in a tortilla shell or pile it over a pile of chips and no matter what it always turns out delicious. I am obsessed with using quinoa instead of rice! All you need are the following ingredients:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup taco meat
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Grated cheddar or jack cheese
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Pico de gallo or salsa
Check out more of my favorite healthy ingredient swaps HERE!