I have always been a huge fan of Olive Garden’s endless lunch with soup, salad and breadsticks (what’s there not to like?) Well, a couple weeks back, I found a recipe for Zuppa Toscana from Olive Garden and decided I should give it a shot. If you have never had Zuppa Toscana from Olive Garden then you are missing out! It is filled with sausage, potatoes, kale, cream, and a bunch of other yummy ingredients.
Anyway, I was blown away when I took a bite of this soup. It is delicious and tasted exactly like the Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana. Honestly, in all the soups I have made I can easily say this is one of my favorites. It is really good. The taste of the sausage, onion & minced garlic are so flavorful!
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- Minced garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Kale
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add Italian sausage to the skillet and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat and set aside.
- Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir the kale and stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with bacon.