Cheers to a great weekend, lovely ladies:) What are your plans for the next two days? Tomorrow I am doing a workout class in the morning and on Sunday we are off to Vegas until Thursday! Have a cozy weekend and stay warm, but in the meantime, here are some amazing iced heart shaped sugar cookies. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar*
- * If you don’t have cream of tartar on hand, you can replace the last three ingredients (flour, baking soda, cream of tartar) with self rising flour.
- In a large bowl or your stand mixer, mix butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar, just until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least thirty minutes.
- For cut-outs:
- Roll chilled dough onto a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut out desired shapes and place 2” apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 7-8 minutes. Allow to cool a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For drop cookies:
- Using your hands or a cookie scoop, roll dough into two inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar or dip in sprinkles (optional) and place on a cookie sheet approx. two inches apart. Press down lightly with the palm of your hand. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 7-8 minutes. Allow to cool a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost with your favorite icing recipe. Mixing powdered sugar and water works well to create a nice glaze that will harden at is sits. Just add water to the powdered sugar until it’s a consistency you like.