I found this idea on Pinterest and thought that it would be a perfect decoration for Jake’s new apartment. My roommate had attempted this project when we first moved into our apartment last year. She used acrylic paint and it turned into a lot more work for her than she had hoped. This project is very cheap and super easy to make if you follow the steps below.
- 2 pieces of canvas (I bough them in bulk at Michael’s when they had a 40% off coupon) – $6.00
- 1 roll of painter’s tape- $5.00
- spray paint color of your choice- $4.00
Total cost for this project- $15.00
- Lay out old newspaper to create your super easy masterpieces.
- Create your art work using the painters tape. Tape them in whatever shape or design you want.
- Once you have taped the canvas spray a light layer of spray paint over the entire canvas making sure to get the edges.
- Let the first coat completely dry then apply a second thin coat of spray paint to get any spots you have missed.
- Let the canvas completely dry. (I let mine dry over night)
- Gently peel the painters tape off the canvas and reveal the new easy decoration!