After work last night I went to Kalyn’s apartment to finally catch up with her and tell her all about my cruise to Mexico. While I was over at her apartment she introduced me to Coconut Oil from Trader Joe’s. Now I am on a total coconut oil frenzy! I have learned so many ways to use coconut oil already. No more chap stick, conditioner, body & face lotions, no more make up remover and to top it off you can cook with it too. Here are just a few ways you can use coconut oil:
- Healing cuts, ulcers and minor burns – reasonable enough.
- Skin complaints – coconut oil is said to be good for treating eczema, psoriasis, spots and acne – amongst others.
- Weight loss – although a healthy type of fat, it is still a fat. It is said to increase the metabolism and so can help with weight loss but it is no magic fix.
- Lowers cholesterol and prevents heart disease.
- Skin Treatments – homemade moisturizer, face creams, body lotion, massage oils and after shave balm.
- Soap Making – used for centuries to make soap
- Lip Balm – great for chapped lips.
- Make-up Remover – dab with cotton wool to remove your make-up – works really well!
- CLICK HERE for my coconut oil and avocado hair mask