My mom bought me this tailgate football shaped pasta awhile back when football season started. It would have been perfect to make for Superbowl but I finally just made it yesterday afternoon. The pasta was football themed in the shape of footballs and helmets. I threw the ingredients below together and it turned out really delicious!
- 3 cups uncooked pasta
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup cubed pepperjack cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, peppers, onion, bacon and pepperjack cheese.
- Add in the garlic, basil, Italian dressing & salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.